- The key point with this drink is it has a LOT of pulp, which creates a really fun and interesting taste. As you drink, and chew, each kernel of mikan explodes with a burst of sweet juice. Definitely a must try!
- Unlike a lot of Liqueurs these days, "Mikan" is not overly sweet or concentrated, so you can drink this one straight or on the rocks.
- "Mikan" is just one of a long list of liqueurs put out by Ume no Yado, so look forward to more in future posts!
- "Mikan" is an unpasteurized liqueur, so keep this one in the fridge.
- Comes in one size: 720ml.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Aragoshi "Mikan" is here!This time I will be introducing another Liqueur.This little beauty is from the fine people over at Ume no Yado shuzo (Recent article posted on Urban Sake
Aragoshi "Mikan" (mandarin orange)
Brewery: Ume no Yado Shuzo / Nara Prefecture
Sake and distilled alcohol base
On the nose: Mikan Juice.
On the palate: Tastes just like mikan juice, save the slight warming feel from the alcohol. The alcohol comes through a little bit on the tongue with a slight bite on the finish, but doesn't get in the way. Lots of pulp.
Meishu no Yutaka staff